Sunday, March 17, 2019

Lemon Verbena Daily Brew


We've set our clocks forward and Spring officially begins soon, so it's time to use up all the 2018 Lemon Verbena leaves before the 2019 crop unfurls for the season. 

Here's a photo of my daily brew this morning. It's Lemon Verbena and Texas Tulsi, a delicious and nutritious Texas-grown mixture.

I use Lemon Verbena for its health benefits as well as its delightful fragrance and taste, so that means I use a LOT of leaves. We also grew two varieties of Texas Tulsi (Holy Basil) last year. Once I experimented with drying it for storage we bagged enough of it to last until the next crop is ready in early summer 2019.

Just a few more weeks and there will be plants in the field again!

Texas Tulsi in the field in North Texas.

2 comments:

  1. It was here that I learned about Tulsi. I have since acquired a plant, and hope it will become a producer for me to make tea and such. I also have a lemon verbena plant ( these ) are both indoor plants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Faith. That's awesome, and it's why I take photos and take the time to post them on this blog!

      Delete