Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Medicinal Use of Lemon Verbena



Pouring boiling water over a big handful of dried Lemon Verbena leaves this morning produced a fresh-looking infusion immediately. It makes a delicious drink, but it's also good for my body.

The pleasant taste and scent of Lemon Verbena is enough for most people. It's not well-known as a medicine, but some people rely on it for treating their arthritis, asthma and insomnia, among other uses.

Read comments on WebMD by people who use Lemon Verbena for medicinal purposes

Even Drugs.com says, "Lemon verbena has been used as a medicinal plant for centuries..."

Here's my post from 2015 on the antioxidant properties of Lemon Verbena.


Gabriele Stoll, my mentor in the production of Lemon Verbena, also known as Verveine, says the following (in German) on her blog: 

"The Verveine plant has brought me to brain research after I have observed that there are certain effects of the Verveine scent on humans. 

"This observation prompted me to deal with the work of brain research on fragrances. In doing so, I have learned that arriving sensory impulses are always charged with emotions in the evaluation by the brain."

She is a scientist, and she's discovered that Lemon Verbena has a positive effect on us. I'm all for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment